Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Friday, November 30, 2012

Mongol Month Draws to a Close




It's a little sad that this month didn't produce a better contest than it did. I was really trying to use it to springboard back into writing and really caring about gaming after my sister died. I spent most of the month though either sick or just depressed still and didn't really promote the whole Mongol thing or my contest particularly. As I write this I am 5 ½ hours from the submissions deadline and I have one short adventure here. I am afraid that I am going to have to call the contest off for lack of participation and interest and I am going to take a hiatus from blogging until I get my self more straight.

To be honest, the holiday season is probably going to be rough for me, so I don't imagine I'll be posting much in December. I have a plan for January though, so I hope that taking December (mostly) off will recharge me and give me the break I need to get my self together.

In the meantime, I still have like 50 of those refrigerator magnets; so anyone who wants one should just send me a SASE to-

William J. Dowie
32 Risley Drive
Mexico, NY 13114

If you already requested one and didn't get it, it's because Mona has been swamped, so this is just easier. Sorry, they probably will lack the art.

I'll be lurking around and reading OSR blogs in the interim, I just don't really have anything to say right now.

Fight ON!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I never really got my head wrapped around the Mongol thing. (I think the dungeon thing is really easy to do vs. a more outdoor-oriented adventure with mongols as the good guys). But I do still have a lot of ideas, plus the other resources I was putting together (table of NPC fighter stats, creatures of the steppe monster index, new monsters like khiimori and crimson death worm). Maybe after the craziness of the holiday subsides, you and I can talk about getting our thoughts together and co-producing the adventure resource you were talking about (and I can provide the necessary layout/illustration work as well). By then, I'm hoping to have my other distractions pretty well put to bed and I'll be looking for that next short-term project anyway.

    ReplyDelete