Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Monday, February 28, 2011

Newbie Blogger Award

Thank you, I am honored to receive this award and on Oscar night no less.

When I saw that I got the award I was briefly stunned. I had no idea that I would ever be in the running, no idea that I could be in the running since my blog is actually over a year old.

After the initial stunned reaction wore off, I wandered out to tell my wife and kids with a huge smile on my face. My wife, Mona, was quite pleased with me and told me that she always thought I'd be good at this. My daughter Ashli told me to keep up the good work. Then I wandered back into the dad cave and proudly set the badge on my blog page.

Then I became slightly terrified. I was pretty surprised when I saw that I had a couple of people besides Mona and Ashli following my blog, and I became determined to put up regular, quality blog posts. Now I have been recognized by the OSR blogging community for my efforts and that, quite frankly, is slightly terrifying. Because I don't want to be like the guy that wins the Grammy for best new artist, now I have to really buckle down and produce some quality stuff. The real problem here is that I am not really a crunchy rules guy, but more of a philosophy and opinion guy.

When I started the blog, a little over a year ago, it was mostly to record my D&D campaign I was running at the time. I also had a few thing I wanted to get down on paper and to reminisce a bit about the old days of gaming. I never thought that anyone would be interested in reading what I had to say. I am not now, nor have I ever been an industry insider or even a friend of one. I am not a professional writer. I am just a guy that likes to game and has for quite some time.

6 comments:

  1. Well deserved and keep up the fun in the blog. That's what its all about after all. Grabbing some dice, getting together with friends and having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly try to do my best here. Thanks for your support, it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Jagatai: If you activate your links people will be able to visit your blog when you join theirs.

    For an example of what I mean, look under followers and click my head, Lurker's and Paladin's. We have our links activated and when we join blogs, they can find us straight away, rather than only when we leave comments.

    Congrats again on the award

    ReplyDelete
  4. It helps because when you joined my blog, I couldn't find you until today.

    ReplyDelete