Great Khan Enthroned

Great Khan Enthroned

Monday, August 15, 2011

Is Google+ Killing My Blog?


Or have I just been too busy with other stuff to blog regularly since my computer woes were ended? I have been working with my dad (and my son) building his enormous garage since mid-July, and it still looks like we've barely started. However Google+ seems to be taking up a large amount of my free time as I try to figure out exactly what I can do with it to make my online experience better. I have been barely keeping up with reading blogs, much less posting regularly; sorry about that, trying to integrate new tech and all, especially since the mighty Google empire already controls Blogger as a fiefdom. I rather expect that somehow all of this will be somehow integrated together and I'd prefer not to be caught off guard when it does.


Also, I went to the central New York Scottish games this past Saturday, which was nice. I don't go every year, sometimes I just forget what weekend it is, sometimes I have other plans, sometimes I just don't have the money for it. The nice old lady from my clan that taught my wife how to make shortbread informed me that my clan hasn't had a champion in the games since I quit competing some two decades ago. On the one hand that's nice to be remembered as the clan's champion, on the other I kind of feel like I let them down when I quit competing. I was never serious about it, just big and naturally suited to feats of strength from growing up in farm country.