I just wanted to make a quick note today, because I mentioned yesterday that I was planning on posting some of my observations about Moldvay Basic today and it's not going to happen. I am running behind because my research is taking longer than I had planned. I have found that reading rules that are very similar to rules that I already know has to be done in short spurts, otherwise I start to skim them instead of really paying attention. Also, my Mother-in-Law came to visit today with her sister, the trip that was postponed from last Sunday due to car trouble. It was a nice visit, but it took a lot of my reading and writing time today. So it will be at least one more day, possibly longer, before I get my observations out to you all. I am sure they'll be ground breaking and change the course of the OSR though, so stay tuned.
In other news I found a stash of old AD&D and D&D modules today, some absolutely pristine, some pretty well used; in no particular order- H2, H4, B1, UK1, MV1, UK7, C1, C2, C4, C5, G1-2-3, D1-2, Q1, N1, X12, CM6, WG4, WG6, A1, A2, A3, A4, I4, I6, N3, S1-4, S1x2, S2x2, S3, S4, X1, X8, CM3, X10, GDQ1-7 and the cover of U1. The best of the lot being GDQ1-7 and the worst being one of the copies of S1, these are in addition to my other box of modules that mostly contain B, S, A and OA series modules and where T1-4 used to live.