Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Friday, January 20, 2012

AD&D to be Reprinted




In case mine is the only gaming blog you read, I'd be remiss not to spread the biggest D&D news out of WotC since the official announcement that 5th edition is in the works- The core 3 AD&D 1st edition books are going to be re-released by WotC. It's only a limited print run, with some of the proceeds to help the Gygax memorial fund, and only available in North America, but it's a nice gesture anyway.

My wife thinks that I am suffering from battered spouse syndrome with WotC, hoping that they'll treat me better this time since they are being so nice now trying to win me back. Maybe she's right. Maybe they are just trying to gauge the true sales potential of the OSR? Who knows, it's even possible they are actually trying to do what they said they are trying to do and bring us all back together, re-unite the tribes. Make D&D the undisputed king of RPGs again.

I liked what Raggi had to say about it, but I am kind of an edition warrior regardless of what Dungeon Bastard says.

2 comments:

  1. Hoo-yah, but ypou know what? I'm still not gonna buy them. I'll donate my money to the fund direct. I'm never buying another WOTC product. The last round of "Xmas Bonus" lay-offs was one round too many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention in my haste that Jim Ward put Metamorphosis Alpha up on Lulu the same day they announced this and that I noticed the PH came up oddly short in page count at 112 pages instead of 128.

    ReplyDelete