Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Monday, June 11, 2012

Thinking about a change

I didn't get in any gaming this weekend. None at all, two weekends in a row. Everyone was either sick, working, gone elsewhere or just incommunicado. So I hard-coded subtitles of Samurai movies and played some Crusader Kings, OK, I guess that's technically gaming, but not with other people. I also have been playing my one Facebook L5R game- Emerald Empire as we wait for Facebook to actually follow through on their threat to shut us down, I have been frantically trying to wrap up old and new story lines for my character Akodo Kotaro; who I am sure you will all be pleased to know is now a level 203 Akodo Bushi.

Anyway, the real change I was thinking about making to this blog was changing the banner picture at the top, it's been there for a long time and I really like it, but I found this cool banner pic while I was cruising around looking for more Mongol pics. You can never have too many when you are the Great Khan; so here it is-




  It's called "Onrush of the Mongols" by LordAras at Deviantart. I think it kind of rules because it has a medieval feel to it with the characters being different sizes, proportions non-existent, important things are bigger to draw the eye; and it has a DRAGON. The beheading is pretty cool too. The Arabic writing is a nice touch, I have no idea what it says, but if I ever get curious enough I know a couple of Arabic speakers that might be able to make it out.

What do you all think? Time to change the venerable green battle picture or no?

5 comments:

  1. Just an observation: the new image (which is really cool) has a very familiar color scheme!

    Here's a partial screenshot of what I see in my browser: [pic]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty strange/weird/cool. You see I had found another pretty cool banner image and decided to go with this one, seeing it with the Holmes Basic set superimposed over the end of it makes the whole thing seem like it was destiny, to bring me back to my gaming roots and force me to finish my OA project. Either that or something Freudian about wanting to go back to when gaming was better. I guess I am OK with both interpretations that I just came up with, but the banner changes as soon as I get the artists permission to use it.

      Delete
    2. It was pretty cool to see them superimposed like that. It might be cool to examine the iconic images, their color palettes and take it from there.

      I really like the choice for your new one!

      Delete
  2. Level 203! Gosh. Suddenly my poor Crab feels so inadequate. very nice banner design by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My character was actually born a Crab, but I took the online "What Clan are you?" test from AEGs website and it said I was more suited to being a Lion, so I married into the Lion and changed allegiance to my wife's clan.

      Delete