Great Khan Enthroned

Great Khan Enthroned

Monday, June 11, 2012

Thinking about a change

I didn't get in any gaming this weekend. None at all, two weekends in a row. Everyone was either sick, working, gone elsewhere or just incommunicado. So I hard-coded subtitles of Samurai movies and played some Crusader Kings, OK, I guess that's technically gaming, but not with other people. I also have been playing my one Facebook L5R game- Emerald Empire as we wait for Facebook to actually follow through on their threat to shut us down, I have been frantically trying to wrap up old and new story lines for my character Akodo Kotaro; who I am sure you will all be pleased to know is now a level 203 Akodo Bushi.

Anyway, the real change I was thinking about making to this blog was changing the banner picture at the top, it's been there for a long time and I really like it, but I found this cool banner pic while I was cruising around looking for more Mongol pics. You can never have too many when you are the Great Khan; so here it is-




  It's called "Onrush of the Mongols" by LordAras at Deviantart. I think it kind of rules because it has a medieval feel to it with the characters being different sizes, proportions non-existent, important things are bigger to draw the eye; and it has a DRAGON. The beheading is pretty cool too. The Arabic writing is a nice touch, I have no idea what it says, but if I ever get curious enough I know a couple of Arabic speakers that might be able to make it out.

What do you all think? Time to change the venerable green battle picture or no?