Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Friday, January 14, 2011

MegaMinis Grenadier Classics Review

I just got my order from MegaMinis in the mail today. I can say I am pleasantly surprised. I wasn't really expecting much from them because they were so inexpensive and I had gotten a bad review of them in a blog comment, so the bar was set pretty low. I mostly was picking them up because the kids wanted to learn to paint minis. I ordered exclusively from their Grenadier Classics line (except for the Pack-Mule), since I already had some of them from Grenadier that meant I'd have some basis for comparison. I have to say that they are probably better in quality than the original Grenadiers simply because the metal is less prone to bending, which leads through metal fatigue to breaking. Breakage is the bane of my old miniature collection. Under the best of circumstances any mini that sees use at all will occasionally suffer a mishap. Being knocked over or dropped, even from and inch or two, can cause significant damage to a lead miniature or at least it's paint job. The tougher lighter metal they are made from now seems more likely to cause less damage due to accidental mishandling. I can heartily recommend anything from their Grenadier Classics line and also their Pack-Mule. I will probably order some more minis from their other lines, given the quality of these ones I just ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment