Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Clan Wars

I got a bunch of new minis in the mail today. Most of them were WotC D&D minis I got real cheap on Ebay. I also got a pretty large lot of Clan War minis for a song. I bought them for a couple of reasons.

First, I wanted to use them for my R&R/OA campaign that I will eventually play again. Clan War minis seem like about the only available option for finding specifically Asian/Japanese inspired monsters and supernatural creatures, so I kind of keep my eyes open for deals on them. Are there any other companies that maybe have current lines suitable for my OA campaign? I know TSR never really supported OA with official minis and WotC's support has been anemic at best since they released OA for 3.0.

Second, my wife is a really good miniature painter and I thought I might be able to sell them at a profit on Ebay at some point. I actually already have a large number of Katana wielders prepped for her to paint for just that reason, although I may snag a few for my own collection. I am curious though whether or not anyone still plays Clan Wars or if they'll just be useful as 28mm Samurai units for a historical miniature battle game?

4 comments:

  1. Just to be clear, you want to see pics of minis painted by my wife and not pics of my wife to prove that she exists, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm real, I assure you all. We'll be sure to post the pictures when I finally get something done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get the links for you but the companies I know that make Asian fantasy minis are: Reaper, Hasslefree and Grenadier. Foundry might do some historical ones. Otherworld make some oriental hobgoblins.

    ReplyDelete