Great Khan Enthroned

Great Khan Enthroned

Monday, November 7, 2011

Quick Before Bed

Because I am apparently quite mad, as in insane, I am considering running a second AD&D campaign. This one will take advantage of my Medieval Studies education and be based around medieval romantic themes, questing and chivalry. I actually intend to include a slightly remodeled version of the Cavalier class. Think what the high middle ages thought of earlier medieval times; King Arthur, the Grail Quest, Le Chanson de Roland, or even La Poema de Mio Cid. Maybe with a sprinkling of earlier stuff too, Germanic heroic stuff sneaking in and a wee bit of weird Celtic fairy stuff too. All of the characters will be human, and all of the monsters, when they show up, will be unique and really weird. I intend to read through both Pendragon and Fantasy Wargaming again before embarking on this odd little endeavor, but I think it'll be fun. I get DM ADD and like to change things up a bit every now and again too.

Now, we played the OA campaign this past Sunday and nobody died, but it was a close run thing. No spoilers though, I'll try and get the full report tomorrow. I wanted to get it today, but our dryer died yesterday and we had to spend today searching for a new one; it should be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

I also got some more OA stuff in the mail; OK technically it's Clan War/L5R stuff, but same thing to me.