Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Angry Rants and Damaged Vehicles

I am delayed in being able to get my V post written today because I am suppressing an angry rant at another gaming blogger and, mostly, because my damned minivan* is back at the garage again; this time having blown a break line that I replaced not six months ago. I also have a doctors appointment later today, so I may be playing catch up with V and W both tomorrow.

So V, for the time being, is for Vehicle Damage. I suppose most people think of Car Wars when they think of damaging vehicles in a gaming context, I always default to Twilight: 2000; both of them have their post apocalyptic charm, but I grew up near both an Army base and an Air Force Base and have a lot of military and former military family members, so Twilight: 2000 was usually the go to game here.

*I never really wanted a minivan, I am too damned big for them and as an American man it's kind of like getting neutered to get one, we got one because we had kids and needed the space and they were good on gas and relatively maintenance free. What they don't tell you about the maintenance is that there is nothing you personally can fix on them and when something does breakdown it costs an arm, a leg and a testicle to repair. When I was single I drove bad-ass cars with big block V8s that could easily do 150mph and I could fix most of the minor problems myself.

5 comments:

  1. Aw man, I hope it's not me for my NEA post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is me, does the fact that I just dropped $1400 on fixing my wife's minivan give me some brotherly love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way man, the Mongol empire has always supported the arts; regardless of aesthetic or contemporary style. No, my wife has been telling me all day NOT to blog about an incident of a violent and political nature that was reported last night and has since been deleted by it's author.

    $1400, eh? Damnable minivans. I want my old Impala back, it still had plenty of room in the back seat for all three kids, even now that they are grown teen-agers and there was more than enough room in the trunk for all the household groceries. Since no one can afford to drive anywhere for pleasure anymore anyway, it's lousy gas mileage really wouldn't matter; and it had plenty of leg and head room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I was paranoid about that post because I know a lot of artsy people drop by my blog. I just think we are stuck in the past in terms of government action on arts.

    I will let sleeping dogs lie on the contentious issue, unless you want to share in which case my e-mail is always open.

    $1,400 was for about 6 different little turd issues that cropped up because the thing hit 100,000 miles and stuff started reaching it's lifetime and dying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another $620 for me today. Do these things have expiration dates we should be made aware of? Seriously, over the last five to seven months it's been about $3000, maybe more.

    ReplyDelete