Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Monday, April 18, 2011

Mail Call Highlights from 04-15 through 04-18

I never tried RuneQuest before, it's probably the only big name RPG system I am unfamiliar with, but I do love Japan and I found it pretty cheap on EBay.




This guy just looked cool.


Him too. Can't have too many bad-ass looking Cleric types, eh?




This might as well be EXACTLY the same set I got as kid, the same Slinger miniature is missing, replaced by the same Thief from the Thieves boxed set. Only other downside is the Look-Out's spearhead is broken off, but they were always kind of the useless mini in the box anyway.



I never owned these guys back in the day, they belonged to my buddy Tim McD. so these guys are kind of a new purchase for me rather than a repurchase. I have to say, aside from the guy whose legs are severed, which actually looks like a mold defect; and the missing crossbow for the Light Crossbowman, this is probably the best shape I have seen a set of these Grenadier Fighting Men in for decades; usually all the spear guys and pole-arms are broken. It'll be nice to have my old Mandark mini back too- he's the guy with the battle-axe and the kite shield on his back.

Best thing- both Grenadier sets .99 cents each, sold with out the original box; is the box really that important?

1 comment:

  1. Great haul!

    On an unrelated note, I'd like to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to you (I explain why at: http://clashofspearonshield.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylin.html). It is one of those awards with "rules" attached:

    1. Share seven things about yourself in a blog post
    2. Select at least one other blog you think deserves this award, and offer it to that blog
    3. Contact the blogger(s) you've selected and let them know about the award

    Of course, I'm sending this to you since I think your blog is cool and deserves it, so you are welcome to simply accept the award (just download the image from my page) and show it proudly on your blog even without following the three "rules" above – they're really there just for fun!

    ReplyDelete