Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Thursday, May 19, 2011

B/X WW II Tinkering continues and....




I got these spiffy new 28mm minis from EBay, so I don't have to use the super tiny Axis & Allies Minis anymore. Sure, all of this buying miniatures on EBay is making my wife crazy, but I assume it'll all be worth it in the end.

The thing that drives me crazy about the tinkering with rules is only getting to playtest once per week or less depending on everyone else's schedules. I have taken a few things from the comments to heart and will NOT be messing with the time scale, leaving it more "elastic" with "dead" time included; frankly I didn't really want to change it anyway, I want to keep more compatible with B/X, not move away from it.

The other issue I am having is that the classes aren't mapping over exactly as well as I'd hoped. Right now it seems like everyone is either a Fighter or a Thief more or less, even the Medic at this point has more of the Thief about him than the classic Cleric because of the Thief skill based healing ability. The Sniper I had originally envisioned as more of a "Zap, you're dead" Magic-User stand in, but he is really more like an AD&D Assassin as it plays out. The Scout is really like a Thief, practically a straight port over, he's the sneaky commando type that takes out the guard by sneaking up and cutting his throat, and then cuts the barbed wire so the rest of the guys can sneak in too.

1 comment: