Mongol Home

Mongol Home

Friday, September 30, 2011

Mail Call 30 SEPT 2011

More stuff from the Emerald Empire or Rokugan arrives via Ebay actions to my door, the games represented are the first and second editions of the Legend of the Five Rings roleplaying game and the Clan War miniature battle game; all books this time, the pictures are from the EBay auctions.



I keep saying I am not going to buy the books for the clan expansions separately from the expansions anymore, but I keep finding them at such bargains. Also, I play a lion clan samurai on the Facebook game Emerald Empire, so it's clan loyalty*, eh.



The Unicorn, or Kirin, you'd think they'd have been a shoe-in for my favorite Rokugani clan, they're clearly 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 Mongol. They have a Khan! I like them and all, I guess I just don't want to be playing a part Mongol, part Samurai; I'd rather play one or the other. Still, they are pretty cool in the setting.



This book is interesting in that it is dual statted out for D20 and L5R, it's a 3e OA book, it says "Oriental Adventures" on the cover. It looks on the interior like a supplement to the 3e OA book, as though AEG was trying to recover WotC's fumble. That said, it's a 96 page soft cover book published in 2002 with a cover price of $24.95; there's no way I would have paid full price for this then or now.



This is another D20 dual statted book, but there is very little rules wise in it, it is almost entirely a setting book, with some adventure hooks and a couple of prestige classes thrown in to make it marketable to D20 fanboys. L5R fanboys would have bought it most likely anyway, and there does not appear to be enough D20 OA rules content to really constitute calling it a rulebook. Also 96 pages, softcover and $24.95. I am glad I have it now, I never would have bought it then.



The Crab, bad-ass watchers on the wall. They keep the hordes of the Shadowlands at bay. My character in Emerald Empire was born into the Crab clan, but joined the Lion when he married a Lion bride. I still maintain a lot of connections to the Crab.

*That test on the AEG website for what clan are you, I am depending on my mood, a Lion, a Crab or a Crane; it all comes down to how I feel more or less strongly about two questions when I take the test. Maybe it should be more comprehensive. There is a link at the bottom of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment