Great Khan Enthroned

Great Khan Enthroned

Monday, October 1, 2012

October is Mongol Month



I declare it to be so, for no other reason than I need a focus to bring me back to writing regularly and drag me out of my depressed state. I figure it makes a good focus because I haven't already done it, I know a lot about the Mongols and their history, but haven't really applied it to gaming particularly, and it'll drag me back to work, tangentially anyway, on my Oriental Adventures project - at this point I think I should start calling it a magnum opus, but that may be presumptuous. That said, I do refer to myself as "The Great Khan", so I guess we can expect a bit of presumption from me. I digress though.

September was a long, sad month for me. My sister's memorial service is next Saturday at my parent's church and I hope that by saying my public goodbye that I can start putting some of this sadness behind me and get back to some of the productive uses of my free time that I had in the past. I did start designing a new RPG the other day, almost by accident, because I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to wake up my wife. I think it's a pretty good start, but we'll see where it goes; if it amounts to anything good I'll present it here for everyone to check out.

So, I'll try and get back up to at least a couple of posts a week here and this month will be filled with Mongol themed goodness. I'll also have the results of the Viking themed One Page Dungeon contest within a day or two when I hear back from the other judges on their final opinions.

Lastly, does anyone know who manufactures good Mongol/Steppe Warrior miniatures these days? 28mm is preferred, although 25mm is acceptable usually and I'd also prefer a US manufacturer or at least a US distributor to keep shipping costs down.